Water Resource Engineer
Company: DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION
Posted on: July 21, 2018
DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSIONAVAILABLE POSITION
Water Resource Engineer
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time ProbationaryDRBC GRADE: E16 - E18SALARY RANGE: $48,450 – $82,400
BRANCH: Water Resource OperationsSUPERVISED BY: Manager, Water Resource Operations
This position provides technical and administrative services to support Water Resource Operations Branch activities related to hydrologic assessment, hydrologic modeling and flood loss reduction.
Specific duties of the Water Resource Engineer include:
- Assistance and/or execution of hydrologic analyses and modeling activities, including data management, model development and results interpretation.
- Support of modeling efforts related to flow management under current and future climate, land use and demand scenarios.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on hydrologic conditions in real-time
- Determination of reservoir releases, based on current and predicted conditions, to meet instream needs in real-time
- Participation and reporting on meetings relating to hydrologic modeling, recreational and ecological assessment, or other functions of the Water Resource Operation Section.
- Administration of contracts for technical services related to hydrologic modeling and flood loss reduction.
- Activities related to flood loss reduction activities within the framework of the Water Resource Plan and the Interstate Flood Mitigation Task Force for the Basin, including GIS analyses, interaction with the public, state and federal agencies regarding flood loss reduction
- Staff liaison to the DRBC Flood Advisory Committee, including meeting coordination, administrative support, public outreach and technical follow up.
- Evaluation of drought management and contingency plans.
- Maintenance of Water Resources Operations library and historical documents.
- Provision of hydrologic information to the Public Information Office or to the public as needed, including responses to inquiries and development of content for dissemination.
- Participation and reporting on water resource facility inspections.
- Support of other branches as assigned to meet Commission goals and objectives
- Other activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution. A Master's degree in engineering, hydrology, or water resources including course work in hydrology, GIS and water resources modeling. A professional engineering license is preferable, but not required.Experience: A minimum of two years' experience in the technical aspects of water resource science, including hydrologic modeling, hydrologic data analysis, and flood loss reduction. Completed Graduate work may be substituted for experience on a year-for- year basis up to a maximum of two years. Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills are required. The desirable candidate will have skills in modeling, data management, pre- and post-processing model output. Knowledge of hydrologic models (HEC series) and the statistical program, R, is desirable.
Instructions to Applicants:
Send resume via email to: email@example.com
Applicant must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Deadline for filing applications: 4:00 p.m., Monday, August 13, 2018
Keywords: DELAWARE RIVER BASIN COMMISSION, Union, Water Resource Engineer, Engineering, Trenton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!