Medical Assistant (Clinical Laboratory)
Company: SGS North America
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Company Description --SGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
Description --As the Medical Assistant, you--will work--under
intermediate supervision performs safety and efficacy tests of
cosmetics, toiletries and topically-applied pharmaceuticals on
healthy, paid panelists.Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work with healthy paid panelists.
- Assess panelists to determine eligibility for testing.
- Perform temperature checks at checkpoints.
- Secure Informed Consent from panelists, explain tests, answer
questions, and schedule appointments.
- Conduct safety and efficacy tests using patch application
method with or without photobiology lamps, ocular instillation
tests, sunscreen in vivo and in vitro tests, and various use
- Perform routine operation, maintenance, calibration,
qualification, cleaning, and troubleshooting of laboratory
equipment and instruments.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary paperwork for ongoing
- Prepare and check data forms and other documents to ensure
accuracy and consistency.
- Assists Front Office, as needed.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications --Required:
- Medical Technician Degree / Associate / Bachelor's in Science
or related fieldPreferred:
- Medical Technologist or Medical Assistant preferred.
- Language Skills: English, Spanish.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients and panelists
and maintains positive interaction with peers and supervisors.
- Good with people.-- Ability to interact personally with paid
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well organized with a sense of responsibility for project and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate preferred.
- Reasoning Skills / Abilities: Intermediate preferred.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
including Outlook, Word, and Excel.Additional Information --SGS is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train,
and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.This job description should not
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing
contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.If you
are applying for a position within the United States and you have
difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of
a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a callback.-- Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Union , Medical Assistant (Clinical Laboratory), Healthcare , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!