Physical Therapist Asst
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- NEW!! Full Time Opportunity!
- Seeking candidate that is outcome driven and enjoys
collaboration Physical Thearpist Assistant Position Summary
Provides physical therapy services to residents by assisting in the
assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related
documentation and communication. Functions under supervision of the
Physical Therapy Assistant Responsibilities
- Provides physical therapy services to residents under the
direct supervision of a physical therapist.
- Assists physical therapist in the evaluation process in the
areas of self-care, homemaking, functional mobility and
coordination. Assists in the evaluation of other areas as
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at
appropriate intervals under the direction of the physical
- Assists the physical therapist in identifying a problem list,
short-term goals, long-term goals and treatment plan.
- Conducts both individual and group treatment as assigned by the
physical therapist and outlined in the treatment that includes, but
is not limited to, areas of muscle strength, coordination,
mobility, sensory awareness, sitting and standing, transfer
training, balance activities, gait training, range of motion
activities and modalities.
- Assists in the selection of physical therapy techniques/media
and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as
indicated by resident performance and following consultation with
the physical therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan
is made without prior consultation with the physical
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and consults with
physical therapist if modification is indicated.
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual resident
schedules in conjunction with the physical therapist and other team
- Adheres to department and resident schedule and modifies as
appropriate for treatment regimen.
- Maintains acceptable resident care ratios as determined by the
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other
equipment; trains resident, family and appropriate staff in the use
or application of the above.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of physical therapy services.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy
Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up or resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Physical Therapy Assistant
Associate Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
Current state licensure or license-eligible in states where
applicable. Regular attendance. PI186822728
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Union , Physical Therapist Asst, Healthcare , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!