BARISTA (FULL & PART-TIME)
Company: Compass Group, North America
Posted on: September 19, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for both full and part-time BARISTA
- Location: Kean University - 1000 Morris Avenue, Union, NJ
07083. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time and Part-time schedules available. Monday
through Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm or 12:00pm - 8:30pm. More details
- Requirement: Previous Starbucks barista experience is
- Starting pay: $16.00 per hour*Internal Employee Referral Bonus
Available We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
1095800. The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that
helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency
varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or
HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country,
Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining
experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards
by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring
people together to promote meaningful relationships and
interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together
by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking
to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to
start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from
you. Job SummarySummary: Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks
and related food and beverage items. Handles food according to
HACCP guidelines and standards for quality food-service operations.
Interacts with customers and other employees in a friendly,
courteous manner. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using
standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of
proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and
following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the
area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to
ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from
customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays
in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by
establishing good communication and assisting in the buying
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per
standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID: 1095800
Keywords: Compass Group, North America, Union , BARISTA (FULL & PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!