Service Technician - 1671 - US Highway 22 - Union, NJ (Union, NJ)
Company: Boston Market Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Facilities Manager
- Performs necessary maintenance on restaurant building systems
and equipment at multiple sites.
- Promotes and maintains good store relations through high
standards of professionalism, ethical behavior, maturity and good
- Help to educate store managers on how to use and maintain their
- Replaces and repairs light fixtures.
- Paints interior and exterior of restaurants as
- Repairs and replaces tiling and minor fixtures.
- Repairs restaurant equipment such as waterbath, refrigerators,
spits, and display cases.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs.
- Replaces major fixtures such as drywall, cabinets, and
- Fixes electrical issues and sprinklers as needed.
- Maintains safe, clean and organized work area to include work
vehicle, tools, manuals and parts.
- Ensures safe conditions around buildings during inclement
- Uses various hand and power tools appropriately.
- Orders parts as needed for repairs.
- Fills out detailed reports and keeps records on services that
have been performed.
- Completes other repairs as needed.
- Deals with interruptions and successfully manages multiple
- Ensures adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures
at all times.
- Ensures personal appearance is clean and professional and
protects company assets.
- Maintains behaviors and actions consistent with the company’s
values and standards.
- Works additional hours as needed.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Travels continuously via van across the market.
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Sense of Urgency & Time Management
- Significant time driving/flying to and visiting restaurant
- Withstand temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or less and 100
degrees Fahrenheit or more.
- Move throughout the restaurant for extended periods of time (up
to 10-12 hours per day).
- Stand and walk on hard-surface floors for entire shift, up to 8
hours, not including breaks.
- Tolerate temperature extremes (hot and cold) in working
in-walk-in and around ovens and sinks.
- Repetitively lift items or tools up to 25-lb if needed.
- Bend, reach, and stoop to clean area after fixing
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by
the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days can be
during all 7 days of the week, not to exceed 50 hours.
Weekend support as needed and required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving
- Reliable transportation.
- Basic maintenance tools.
- 2-4 years of experience in plumbing, electrical, painting,
tiling, drywall, wood work, etc.
- 2-4 years of experience working on different types of
restaurant, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and security
- 2-4 years of experience using basic office machines and
computer software (Windows, Outlook).
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of experience as a restaurant maintenance engineer,
focusing mainly in carpentry.
- Plumbing, mechanical, or electrical certifications.
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran
Keywords: Boston Market Corporation, Union , Service Technician - 1671 - US Highway 22 - Union, NJ (Union, NJ), Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!