Per Diem Housekeeper
Company: BP & SC Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BP & SC Services - New Jersey -
The Housekeeper position will take direction from the Director
of Housekeeping to ensure the cleanliness of the private and public
areas of the facility. Perform work duties in accordance with
company policies, federal and state laws, local standards and
guidelines, OSHA, and other applicable regulations. Attend all
company designated training as required by manager.
Essential Functions:1. The housekeeper
is the focal point of our environmental service staff. He/she is
responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the facility on a
daily basis.2. Must be able to perform the necessary duties in the
daily routine cleaning of resident rooms as follows:
- Emptying,sanitizing and relining trash receptacles
- Proper techniques for horizontal surface cleaning (furniture,
tables, desks, etc.)
- Proper techniques for vertical surface cleaning (walls, doors,
- Proper techniques for sweeping and mopping floors
- Proper techniques for sanitizing and disinfecting restrooms &
3. Must be able to perform the necessary duties for the monthly
deep cleaning of resident room as follows:
- The above steps for daily resident room cleaning as well
- Cleaning of resident beds including headboard, footboard, bed
rails, and frames.
- Detailed cleaning of corners, edges, baseboards, ceilings,
curtain tracks, privacy curtains, and resident personal
- Follow all safety procedures, infection control policies, and
universal precautions to ensure the health and welfare of
residents, staff, and visitors.
- Follow proper procedures for stocking housekeeping carts and
- All housekeepers must report to work in assigned uniform as
deemed by the facility.
- All housekeepers must report problems, concerns, and
maintenance issues to the Supervisor.
- All housekeepers must act in a courteous, professional, and
appropriate manner at all times.
- All housekeepers must follow specific job descriptions as
posted by Executive Housekeeper.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- The ability to follow detailed daily assignments as instructed
by Executive Housekeeper
- The ability to clean and sanitize facility as assigned
- The ability to identify and use cleaning solutions and
- The ability to lift 10 to 15 lb. buckets of water from a cart
to a sink a minimum of 15 times per day
- The ability to push or pull housekeeping carts weighing up to
40 lbs. throughout the facility
- The ability to bend at the knees, waist, and neck up to 75
times per day while performing assigned duties.
- The ability to sweep and mop in a side to side motion for
periods of 1 to 10 minutes as many as 25 times per day
- Must be able to understand and follow basic infection control
- The ability to handle and mix chemicals safely and
- Must be able to respond to a verbal paging system in the
- Must be capable of functioning with minimal supervision
- Must be capable of operating necessary equipment safely in
order to satisfy job requirements
- Must be able to deal with residents, family members, and
facility staff in a professional and appropriate manner
Education & Experience:
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is
- No formal education is required. A high-school diploma is
desirable. Some college is helpful.
- Previous experience in a healthcare facility, specifically the
laundry department is helpful, but on-site training and orientation
will be provided.
- The ability to provide and follow oral, written, and verbal
instructions is vital.
- The ability to work in a healthcare environment and conduct
themselves professionally and appropriately as required.
- The ability to fulfill any and all pre-employment requirements
as deemed necessary by the individual facility and LUCENT.
- Communication proficiency
- Customer/Client focus
- Organizational skills
- Results driven
- Teamwork orientation
- Technical capacity
Physical & Mental Requirements: The
housekeeper within a healthcare facility spends the majority of
their day standing, walking, bending, and reaching in order to
perform the necessary functions associated with the position.
He/she must interact with people, be courteous and professional at
all times. Must be cautious and safety conscious at all times to
prevent unnecessary injury. Must exhibit proper techniques while
performing all assigned duties. The Housekeeper is directly
supervised by the Executive Housekeeper and in some cases the
Assistant Executive Housekeeper, but must be able to work
independently on a daily basis. BP & SC Services is dedicated to
providing all its employees with the state of the art equipment and
training to guarantee the highest levels of efficiency and safety
in the healthcare industry. All housekeepers will be provided with
any necessary equipment to perform their duties properly and are
expected to utilize and maintain all equipment as intended and
instructed. In addition, employee must have had a Mantoux test
within the last year and a current Hepatitis B vaccination. Both
will be provided by BP & SC Services not obtained previously.
Work Environment & Equipment Used: While
performing the duties of this job, incumbent is regularly exposed
to hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, dirt, dust, vibration and
water. The noise level in the work environment is usually above the
norm. The employee frequently interacts with residents, family
members, and other personnel. The employee may be exposed to
infectious waste, diseases, and various medical conditions,
including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B. Employee will operate state
of the art laundry equipment.
Keywords: BP & SC Services, Union , Per Diem Housekeeper, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!