Associate Designer, Baby - Apparel, Soft Home & Accessories
Company: Bed Bath & Beyond
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As an Associate Designer, you will be an integral part of a fast
pace team responsible for designing and supporting the expanding
own brand home and apparel business for buybuyBaby . The role will
require someone with kids/baby
design development experience from concepting to production.The
associate designer should be self motivated ableto interpret
selling information, market trends, color direction, for the
various categories of the home & apparel
business. The Associate Designer is responsible for creating
unique and differentiated products to propel growth forthe company
and deliver a consistent message of "quality, function, and style"
for the customer . The successful candidate should be a detail
orientated with ability to communicate well with cross functional
- Support trend research for seasonal decks and special projects
keeping imagery files updated with trackable
- Help generate presentations, ideas and concept boards for
Merchandising Teams with regular search updates, and information on
emerging brands,and influencers.
- Support and maintain color, sketches details trim and fabric
library by brand .
- Produce sketches, color ups, art ideas for each style
- Stay informed Trained on safety requirements required
appropriate for age.
- Work alongside Designer to develop new areas or opportunities
and create aesthetic strategies to support concepts.
- Work with technical team attending fit meetings with attention
to final details.
- Provide mockups for projects that need a higher level of
- Manage color and trim approvals, communicate with team and
suppliers on critical dates.
- Constantly shop competitors to understand the market, make sure
design provides differentiation, and are Best in Class.
- Update all final design details, attend pre-production/fit
meetings with designer and technical teams
- 2-4 yrs experience in a kids/baby apparel design team
- Applicant must have strong technical knowledge of production
techniques and experience with suppliers.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Clear presentation skills with ability to build concepts, with
CADS concept boards, mock ups.
- Superb time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing
multiple projects and strict deadlines.
- Proficient in relevant computer programs, essential use of
Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Relevant Bachelor's degrees in design or fashion design
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line
application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation
for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do
not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the
apply button below to complete an application and upload your
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire,
train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide
all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored
events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital
status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental
disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Bed Bath & Beyond, Union , Associate Designer, Baby - Apparel, Soft Home & Accessories, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!