Service and Tire Center Driver
Company: Auto Plus Pep Boys
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
The Service and Tire Center (STC) Driver is responsible for the
safe, effective and timely delivery of parts and tires to all
company STC locations within his/her delivery loop. An STC Driver
will be responsible for safely operating a delivery truck less than
3 tons and ensuring the delivery load is stacked, padded and
properly secured. A successful STC Driver will also be involved in
operational store activities when deliveries are not being made and
will be expected to participate in selling parts and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The STC Driver is responsible for all aspects of properly
operating and maintaining the delivery truck. This includes obeying
all state, county and local laws; reporting accidents, incidents
and/or violations or traffic citations.
- Safely transport goods within delivery loop.
- Ensure all loads are properly secured.
- Verify the load accuracy against the Bill of Lading and acquire
the appropriate signatures. Will write orders and provide
instruction when necessary.
- Load and unload product on the delivery truck by hand, hand
truck or dolly.
- Passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the STC
performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust.
- The successful STC Driver will be expected to follow all
policies and procedures as indicated in the Store Operations Manual
and Human Resources Handbook.
- Will be relied upon to learn and develop knowledge of hard
parts and accessories in order to utilize selling skills while
deliveries are not being made.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have a valid Driver's License without any DUI's (or
related offenses) and submit to a pre-employment drug
- Ability to read instructions, policies, procedures, bills of
lading, and product descriptions. Must be able to write. Must be
able to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 100 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Talk and hear.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Auto Plus Pep Boys, Union , Service and Tire Center Driver, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!