Store Manager (Full-time)
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other -
uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. As a
Store Manager you are the store's leader and are accountable for
all aspects of the store-- financial results, operations,
merchandising, talent acquisition, customer service, and campus
relations. You will build and maintain positive relationships with
the campus community and your Home Office partners to create the
finest and most profitable bookstore for the school campus
community we serve. You will be a people manager and have direct
involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to
create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty and
deliver measurable results for the store and for your school. And
best of all, you'll be part of a company that is consistently rated
as a great place to work - and where employees love what they
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books,
technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food--
everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our
faculty needs. A Store Manager must be knowledgeable of and a
resource for all departments, model exceptional customer service,
drive sales, and be a skillful problem solver.
- Execute developed business strategies and identify
opportunities drive sales, increase customer satisfaction, and
expand store traffic.
- Strong delegation, follow up, and management skills to maintain
outstanding visual merchandising standards, ensure availability of
merchandise, maintain appropriate inventories, and complete
projects in a deadline driven industry.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and sales through
effective scheduling, talent acquisition, training, and development
of store team members.
- Ability to identify creative solutions, learn independently,
embrace change, and act as a change agent.
- Analyze sales figures, interpret trends, and forecast future
sales to manage all controllable costs and keep operations
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and
safety are met by providing a safe and clean store environment and
implementing loss prevention measures.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
- 5+ years' supervisory experience in a retail setting preferred
or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or relevant field
- Leadership experience to direct and develop a workforce of
managers and sales associates.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
to manage campus relationships and corporate initiatives while
achieving customer sales and service goals.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the
workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble, Inc, Union , Store Manager (Full-time), Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!