Sr Brand Marketing Manager
Company: Bed Bath & Beyond
Posted on: June 8, 2021
buybuy BABY is America's leading specialty retailer for baby
registry and infant to toddler merchandise. Founded in 1996 and
acquired by Bed Bath & Beyond in 2007, buybuy BABY has grown into
135 stores across the US and Canada and holds a strong ecommerce
presence, buybuybaby.com. buybuy BABY prides itself in being the
only major retailer in its space with brick & mortar stores with
exceptional customer service and expertise, coupled with the
largest assortment and products from the top baby brands. buybuy
BABY is uniquely positioned to be the brand which helps families
welcome every little step.
The company is amid an enterprise-wide transformation to rebuild
its authority in all things baby while increasing loyalty and
customer life cycle through deeper and more meaningful connections
with parents; a digital-first, omni-always shopping experience and
a modernized registry experience.
The buybuy BABY Sr Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for
driving and building true omni-channel marketing strategy and brand
campaigns that create awareness, engagement and preference for
buybuy BABY. The ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic
brand marketer with an integrated marketing skillset that loves to
uncover customer insights, build compelling brand stories and
create digital-first, social-led content that brings our brand to
life across all customer touchpoints. The right candidate can think
both creatively and analytically and understands the value of
relationship-building to drive results. Must possess a keen
marketing / consumer curiosity and the strong leadership skills to
pursue each project with enthusiasm and passion. The role will
report to the Sr. Director, Marketing.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING: Seeking a Sr Brand Marketing Manager who
will develop, execute and measure integrated brand marketing
campaigns and media strategies that puts our buybuy BABY customer
- Creates and aligns the business to a customer-inspired,
data-driven marketing strategy and plan that drives the
transformation of the buybuy BABY brand.
- Clearly communicates and inspires the marketing organization
and wider enterprise with transformational plans for buybuy
- Develops and executes communication strategies that support
brand priorities, products, campaigns, events, retail partners,
providers, and corporate initiatives such as: loyalty, registry,
CSG and ESG.
- Partners with HR and Store Ops to create a plan that seamlessly
links customer value proposition, associate value proposition and
customer experience program.
- Provides thought leadership to identify new, innovative and
digital-first ways to connect brands to all relevant customer
- Researches, develops and implements new and effective marketing
strategies for integrated product and brand awareness campaigns,
and always on brand building initiatives.
- Partners with Integrated Marketing, channel owners and
operational teams in upfront campaign and channel planning.
- Oversees and develops agency relationships with
internal/external partners including PR, creative, influencer and
- Leads social agency on radical reinvention of buybuy BABY
social presence to build and grow an authentic and engaged parent
community as part of the company's newly developed customer value
- Leads public relations by managing the relationship with an
external agency for media placements, leadership/conference
speaking opportunities, and product seeding to further spread brand
awareness, press mentions, and brand engagement.
- Leads external influencer agency partner for influencer
marketing strategy; goal setting and success criteria for evergreen
and product/campaign-specific executions; includes vetting
influencers and celebrities for brand alignment.
- Manages brief, feedback, and creative development process in
partnership with creative teams, external agencies and internal
partners on key brand initiatives.
- Works with consumer insights, media teams and agency partners
to clearly define, measure and document campaign objectives and
performance including increasing awareness, driving customer
engagement, and supporting the overall customer growth
- Helps drive and execute a digital-first content strategy and
calendar for the brand to ensure focus on big business bets and
relevancy during seasonal and cultural moments.
- Leads exploration of brand & media partnership opportunities
and supports execution collaborating with the Digital Marketing,
Merchant and Business Development teams as necessary.
- Ensures brand consistency across all touchpoints. QA all assets
for marketing priorities & accuracy; ensure brand consistency
across channels; last line of defense in proofing stage.
- Works with project managers in optimizing processes and
timelines to ensure on-time delivery for successful creative
execution and delivery.
- Manages the brand marketing budget and own full process of
monthly reconciliation and partnership with finance team
- Other brand projects and initiatives as needed.
- Mentors and coaches one direct report.
WHAT'S REQUIRED TO APPLY:
The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in brand marketing / integrated
marketing or communications with proven results.
- Prefer experience in retail and/or private label brands.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across
organizational boundaries, building cross-functional relationships
and advocating for brand outcomes.
- Have strong thought leadership skills coupled with excellent
collaborative and influencing traits. Ability to act as a change
agent within the organization.
- Experience with managing internal/external creative/media
- Strong understanding of social media, influencer marketing,
partnerships, or public relations.
- Strong understanding and interest in brand media and cultural
landscape, with the ability and desire to seek out new ideas and
- Thorough understanding of digital strategy, social platforms,
and content creation.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Aptitude for thinking analytically, with a results-driven
mindset to assess the success of marketing efforts.
- Ability to translate key customer insights into compelling
- Strong attention to detail.
- Keen awareness of process and what needs to happen to
effectively manage many moving parts of equal importance under
- Ability to work and achieve success in an ever-changing,
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed
to implement ideas.
- Must have the ability to lead, organize, motivate and manage
- Retail business acumen
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong creativity and drive for testing new ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, communications,
public relations or a related field working with or across multiple
marketing channels, ideally in managing integrated marketing
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line
application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation
for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do
not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the
apply button below to complete an application and upload your
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire,
train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide
all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored
events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital
status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental
disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Bed Bath & Beyond, Union , Sr Brand Marketing Manager, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!