Assistant Floor Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Assistant Floor Manager
Responsible for receiving the product and ensures that aisles
are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed
out, and proper customer service is provided.
• Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
• Supervises Floor Supervisors and Stockers to assure that shelves
are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
• Develops schedules, monitors performance and recommends the
proper discipline as appropriate.
• Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
• Interview candidates and recommend for hire
• Disciplines employees when necessary and recommend
• Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
• Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
• Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
• Supervises the receiving of products and ensures that the proper
paperwork is completed.
• Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and
• Supervises the ordering of products from vendors on a regular
basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
• Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
• Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling
out pallets and cleaning underneath.
• Insures that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in
overhead racks in close proximity to where it is
sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
• Assures that trash is removed from floor and properly
• Makes sure that low stock/out of stock information is
communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking
the system and rack for product.
• Ensures that all signage is correct and that the flyers’ prices
are reflected on the product.
• Coordinates proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies,
proper holding power, space allocation, etc.) and creatively
merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
• Performs additional duties, responsibilities and projects as
• Performs weekly self-audits on the perishable department.
REM-01 WS-01 WS-TC WS-LC
• Requires frequent exposure to cold temperatures
• Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks,
Shift start: 10:00 AM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
4 weekdays typically 10:00am - 8:00pm and Saturdays 7:00am -
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years
experience in customer service Basic math skills Computer
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Union , Assistant Floor Manager, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!