Senior System Engineer
Posted on: June 23, 2022
TransCore, a subsidiary of ST Engineering, is seeking to fill a
full-time Senior System Engineer to join our team in Union, New
Jersey.Hybrid Position: At least 3 days in office required.Note:
Looking for candidates with engineer technical skills and work on
install of equipment.Summary: The Senior System Engineer provides
remote and on location technical support assistance for IT
facilities and to end users. Will receive and follow up on all open
/ unresolved tickets, respond and troubleshoot client's problems
and concerns. Must be able to use their professional knowledge to
resolve problems involving hardware and software issues. Must be
able to use practical knowledge of operating system, application
programs, and network topology.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via
phone and/or remotely.
- Support equipment installs and performs field work, as
- Log and prioritize user requests and track through to
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and corrects them as
directed by documentation, or senior technicians / engineers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network, server, workstation, and
- Install new equipment, service existing equipment
- Setup and onboarding computers for our clients on domains
- Support staff requests with the installation, configuration,
and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment,
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems
with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Support in creating and maintaining desktop inventory
including, but not limited to, location of hardware that may
contain Protected Health Information.
- Facilitate and record transfer or movement of hardware that may
or may not contain Protected Health Information.
- Maintain in-stock inventory. Purchase required equipment.
- Create, maintain, and educate end-users about "self-help"
knowledge base to minimize helpdesk calls
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality
- support physical and logical network topology as well as the
infrastructure components required to support our Infinity and
Integrity applications. This includes physical & virtual servers,
Windows Server operating systems, network communication bandwidth
required, networking topology (e.g., switches, routers, firewalls,
etc.), Dell EMC SAN(s), Hyper-V & VMWare, phone & IVR systems,
etc.Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in installing, configuring, and
supporting servers (Dell & Cisco), Windows Server operating
systems, Cisco based networking components (e.g., switches,
routers, firewalls, etc.), hypervisors/virtual machines (Hyper-V &
VMware), phone & IVR systems etc.
- Minimum of five years' experience in implementing both the
physical and logical network topology as well as the infrastructure
components defined above to support the installation of our mission
- Minimum of five years working with outside vendors regarding
network communications, data center co-location facilities, phone &
IVR systems, SAN(s), etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but at a minimum an associate
degree in a technical discipline from an accredited educational
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time with the
potential for an extended stay away from home up to three
- Highly motivated and a self starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skillsDesired Skills
- Windows Server administration experience including Active
Directory, DNS, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with VMware vSphere administration.
- Experience with Dell EMC storage.
- Experience with Veeam Backup.
- Experience with ManageEngine Desktop Central.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or an associate degree
in Computer Science, MIS, or related field plus an equivalent
combination of education and work experience.Desired Certification
- Microsoft Certifications
- VMware Certifications
- Networking CertificationsAbout TransCore:TransCore (TRN), a
subsidiary of ST EngineeringTransCore is dedicated to making
surface transportation more efficient through innovation. With
installations in 44 countries, more than 100 patents, and
pioneering applications of RFID and satellite communications
technologies, TransCore's expertise is unparalleled.TransCore
offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package
that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings
accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid
Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.TransCore is
proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. To learn more about
TransCore please visit us at www.transcore.com.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: TransCore, Union , Senior System Engineer, Other , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!