Business Analyst - Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate
Company: SS&C Technologies
Posted on: June 18, 2022
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial
services and software for the financial services and healthcare
industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on
revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has
20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000
financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's
largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their
investments using SS&C's products and services.Location: Hybrid
(NYC or Union, NJ / Remote)Job DescriptionThe SS&C Private
Markets Technology organization supports the world's largest Fund
Administration Business with nearly $1T in Assets Under
Administration (AUA). We've recently embarked on multiple
multi-year initiatives to enhance our existing processing
capabilities and develop entirely new next-generation platforms
that automate, scale and enhance our industry leading business to
drive growth, service efficiency and client engagement through
technology.The Business Analyst (BA) role is a principle
representative of the Private Markets Technology Development Team
on the interdisciplinary projects (business + technology) to which
he/she is assigned. While shouldering a broad set of
responsibilities that span the full Software Development Lifecycle,
including Project Management (PM), the primary outputs of the role
will be to uncover business needs and to recommend solutions to
those needs. A successful candidate will build subject matter
expertise -- personally and institutionally -- while honing their
talents for communication and problem solving.Responsibilities:
- Supports initiatives end to end as PM/BA: requirements >
design > development > test > deploy > support.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business
functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements
- Elicits requirements for strategic and tactical development
efforts using phone interviews, document analysis, business process
descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task / workflow analysis.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements;
constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system
capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing
- Evaluates information gathered from multiple sources,
reconciles conflicts, and distinguishes user requests from the
underlying true needs.
- Serves as the conduit between the Business and the software dev
team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to
establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between
usability and performance needs.
- Proactively communicates to senior stakeholders regarding
progress, status, issues, software defects and risks.
- Engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously and provides
support where needed.
- Supports business and technical validation in advance of
delivery, including: automated testing, test script and use case
creation, documentation, defect tracking and remediation and User
Acceptance Testing.Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 4+ years prior experience in Finance or Technology (preferably
- Knowledge of Private Markets preferred.
- Ability to analyze and process data.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, problem solving and
- Desire to learn technology and systems that support financial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
(e.g. pivot table, vlookup, financial formulas).
- Self-motivated with the ability independently prioritize
- Accepts responsibility and personal accountability.
- Highly logical, proactive, and keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with SQL is ideal but not required.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Field of Study in Business Management, Finance, Technology, or
Computer ScienceUnless explicitly requested or approached by
SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the
company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C
offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan,
tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C
Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does
not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran
status or any other classification protected by applicable
Keywords: SS&C Technologies, Union , Business Analyst - Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate, Professions , Union, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!